Brave keeps freezing and I tried everything

I love using Brave, but I’m increasingly frustrated by the fact that it constantly crashes. I have installed the newest version of Brave and it has so far freezes, every time I launched it. I have tried everything I can to solve this issue on my Lenovo Yoga710-14ISK, looking at the community forums and elsewhere. I have tried disabling my Lenovo’s GPU and turning off the hardware acceleration in the settings, clearing all of my cache from my browsing, and have reinstalled the new version every time. None of them seems to work. If this keeps happening, I will avoid using Brave until you can give me another recommendation or fix.

Thanks

:+1:

Could you tell us exactly which version you have?
In older Brave versions you can access it via the URL bar:
about:brave (or brave:about)
Newer Chromium versions:
Click on the 3 bars at the top right (menu) and click on “About Brave”.

Your Brave version also plays a role here.
By the way, have you activated the point that crash reports are automatically sent to the developers? Whether you have a problem or not, this misconduct can no longer occur in the future. :slight_smile:
You can find the option under Chromium:
Open menu top right → Settings → Scroll down & click Advanced
Check here if “Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Brave Software” is enabled.

I recommend to use an alternative browser for massive problems, like Firefox. But have a look again, maybe the problem is fixed :slight_smile:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

The Brave version that I have is Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have enabled the usage statistics and crash reports.
I’ve clicked on test compatibility and it ran fine… for two minutes.

@adrian_nguyen,
Are you on Windows 10 or Windows 7?
Either way, I’d like to try the following:

1. Uninstall any Brave applications on Windows using the OS Add/Remove programs feature.
  2. After uninstalling, go to Start and in the search bar, type %AppData%, hit enter.
  3. Go up one directory level and enter Local – full path at this point should be C:/users/yourusername/AppData/Local/
  4. Is there a BraveSoftware folder here? If so, delete it. If not, let me know.

Here’s a screenshot of the Brave folder in question. Not the BraveSoftware, but its close. Also I have a Windows 10. Should I reinstall it now?

Hi, click AppData at the top of Explorer or go back. There you will find the local folder at the top.

1 Like

Yesterday, I reinstalled it, it worked just as fine. Then when I returned to my laptop after a few minutes of inactivity, it suddenly freezes and I’m experiencing deja vu.

So I tried uninstalling the Browser (I’m on Windows 10 btw), and now it won’t let me bc it assumed that I already have the windows open. I’ve restarted Windows and it still assumed that I have it on. I want to force quit it and it won’t let me.

This issue is getting worse. Please help me.

Why don’t you follow mattches’ instructions? I think that should contribute to the problem analysis…

I have actually tried that. And the solutions did not make it better. Get it to your head.

Thank you :slight_smile: :heart:

Get it in your head, too. In order for them to help you with your problem, you should pass on the necessary information. Exactly: Follow Mattche’s instructions.

1. Is there a BraveSoftware folder here? If so, delete it. If not, let me know.

You did not specify whether there was a folder that you then deleted or not. The last thing I read from you is that you didn’t even find the folder. My answer was a way to find it. Well, I’ll stay out of this.

@adrian_nguyen,
In your screenshot, the directory you’re in is C:/users/yourusername/AppData/roaming/
As per my initial instructions, can you check C:/users/yourusername/AppData/Local/?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.