Brave desktop does not show ads

I have already read that this problem is happening to a lot of people. Is brave going to help the users or is going to keep avoiding the topic forever? Please brave, we need the solution.

2 Likes

@1M0R,
Nobody is avoiding the topic. In fact, if you were to use the search feature of the site, you’d see several different solutions that may work for you. Can you try enabling notifications on this site (or any site) and see if they come through?

Notifications are already enabled on this site and some other sites that I usually visit. In fact, when i received your message it was showed as a notification in windows, but the problem with the ads still remain. It does not show ads and all the config is correct.

@1M0R,
Can you tell me whether or not Brave actually appears in the list of available apps that can send push notifications in Windows Settings --> System --> Notifications and Alerts ?

No, I have been trying a lot of things but it does not appears yet

Same situation here with Brave browser not being shown in the windows settings > system > notifications and alerts list of apps. I am not receiving any notification ads, however notifications work perfectly for other programs installed on my system.

i have same problem,…

People. all you that need to set Brave notifications “on” on windows try this simple tool: https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html

Should work.

1 Like

Can anyone here encountering this issue run the test that @rolak suggested?

1 Like

It does work for me ! I received a notification only few minutes after !

(Edit : I’m on Windows 10 at the moment)

I didn’t work for me. I have Brave in notification, went to taht page and I cannot still see ads on my pc while they work on my Mac.

1 Like

I have the same problem, the ads are sparse and sometimes a whole day with one or two ads. I’m sad because I have my settings at 5 ads per hour and to date I’ve never seen 5 ads in an hour ever. I hope they will fix this, a lot of the advertising I actually like to see, and its a bummer for the advertisers to lose income because of ads not working correctly. :frowning:

Brave does show in the notifications for me and I went to advanced and added it to the allowed programs also.

I used this command brave.exe --enable-logging --log-level=2 --vmodule=brave_ads=3 --rewards=staging=false --brave-ads-production

I got this error : ERROR:ads_service_impl.cc(211)] Failed to read file: C:\Users\Hed\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\ads_service\notifications.json

Then a number of other GCM channel request failed. and
Can’t request shields panel data. Error: No tab url specified

Browser runs great but no adds in 30 day or so. I have been using brave from months and it has always preformed perfect.

I checked my notifications, all good
I have the Icon and I reinstalled
I have no videos playing in any brave tabs.

Brave is up to date

Version 1.4.95 Chromium: 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.