Brave ads are not showing up on desktop version

Description of the issue: I viewed my first ad when I installed Brave, but I have not got a single one afterwards. However, I am getting ads on the mobile version.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Launch Brave
  2. Brave is open for 6-8 hours in a row: no notifications

Expected result: I should receive notifications for up to 5 ads per hour

Brave Version( check About Brave):
[Version 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Additional Information:

• Brave Rewards and Ads are enabled, wallet is verified

• I am living in Brazil which is a supported country. My computer and language settings are UK though.

• I am on Windows 10 and Brave is allowed to send notifications:

• In my privacy options, advertising ID is on:

Thank you !

1 Like

Hi @Coralsnake, welcome to Community!

Have you seen our FAQ for information on why you may not be seeing ads?

Hi @Aa-ron, thanks for the reply. The FAQ is actually the first place I’ve looked into. First I thought the problem was that Brave was not having access to the Windows notifications. But after fixing that issue, I’ve still got no ads…

The only problem I can still think of is either a) there’s not relevant ads for me yet (but then why did I get ads on the mobile version almost immediately after I installed it ? …), or b) the fact that my language settings are not matching my current location (bought my laptop in the UK but I’m living in Brazil), I am not using any VPN by the way…

Of what i can think about is that probably is your language settings.

Also just to mention, this month lots of users had been reporting that they don’t receive ads since last payout (that also matches with the new update) and aperently is only affecting windows and mac users. I really don’t know if the issue is resolve, but since i still see threads with the same title (" i not receiving ads") i think not.

Today i have read a comment from a user with the problem described saying that on nightly versión was displaying ads, so probably the issue is in stable versión since the last update. I have a Windows machine also with the same problem, i have tried what this user said and, yes nightly on Windows is reciving ads while stable no.

In any case, on the last points of my comment, i do not know if it fits in your situation, but is good to know that an issue exist.

Thanks for the reply @ambrocioisaias2808, I have already changed my region to Brazil but I will try to change the language to Portuguese as well and see how it goes.

I wasn’t aware that the latest update was problematic since I have only installed Brave about a week ago. Maybe that is actually the issue, I have received ads on the mobile version without problems while my phone was bought in the UK and has English settings. I guess I will wait and see if a fix is coming soon for Windows.

I have the same problem, I’m not receiving ads for 2 weeks. I allowed some websites and got notifications, brave ads are the only notifications the doesn’t work.

Brave ads FAQ says “Brave will show you ads relevant to you”
How brave knows what’s relevant to me? Why don’t they show any ad and I choose if it’s relevant or not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.