Brave Crashing, Pages Will Not Restore

Brave frequently crashes then when I click on restore pages, it does not restore pages. It also frequently has applications running in the background that I am unable to close, even in task manager. When this happens, I am unable to relaunch the browser without first rebooting my computer. This also happens with updates. Pages are not restored and the browser will not relaunch without rebooting the computer. Additionally, there are many pages I am unable to complete tasks on, even when the shields are down. Unfortunately, I have to resort to using Edge, which I despise.

1 Like

Brave Support may / will need more info.

Brave Support gets a lot of reports and requests every day. In order to ensure that your issues get addressed/resolved:

[They request] Please adhere to the guidelines to the best of your ability, and use the Template shown in the Reply Editor. [No quotes, in the following links - copy and paste the link into new browser windows:]

“Support Templates Reference”

How to submit a Bug Report:

“https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018228951”

The Brave Community webpages use a Categories and Tags - topic organization system - that assist Brave Support and Community members.

Sounds like, for your concerns / issues, you might select:

Browser Support > Desktop Support > Windows

That is, under “all categories” select “Browser Support” . . . and the browser window will refresh . . . then select “Desktop Support” . . . and the browser window will refresh . . . and then under “all tags” select “Windows”.

Let’s say, you begin your report, with:

Description of the issue:

1. Brave Browser frequently crashes then when I click on Restore Pages; Brave Browser does not restore pages

2. Brave Browser frequently has applications / processes running in the background that I am unable to close, even in the Windows Task Manager. When this happens, I am unable to relaunch Brave Browser without first rebooting my computer.

3. With Brave Browser Updates, I am unable to relaunch Brave Browser without first rebooting my computer.

4. There are many webpages that do not seem to fully display — and I am unable to complete tasks on such webpages, even when the Brave Shields are DOWN for such webpages.

Steps to Reproduce:

Pretty much explained in the Description, preceding.

Actual Result:

[You might have a screenshot that will illustrate for one of your concerns.]

Expected Result:

Not what has been happening.

Reproduces how often:

Too easily; and, too often

Brave Version:

Brave Support really needs this info.

“Brave Browser” is generally the computer / desktop browser terminology.

“Brave iOS” is the Apple iDevice browser terminology.

“Brave Android” would suffice for the Google Android OS -based browser.

Additional Information:

Name and Version of Operating System, that you are running on your computer / handheld device.

Plus any other info that you want to include.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.