No option to restore tabs after Brave crashed

Description of the issue:
Every few weeks Brave crashes, usually during a cold start. Previously I could restore the tabs but this time the option wasn’t available. There isn’t anything I’m aware of that I do every two weeks that could cause this issue.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary).
I don’t really have anything insightful to add here, the Browser crashes randomly every couple of weeks. I did have a lot of tabs loaded when it crashed this time.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Browser crashes. When I reopen it all the tabs are gone and there is no option in the History menu to restore them.

Expected result:
If the Browser crashes, the option to restore should be available.

Reproduces how often:
Every 2 to 3 weeks.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

• Brave: Version 0.64.75 Chromium: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Extensions: 1password, Chromoji, Camelizer, Augmented Steam, Terms of Service; Didn’t Read

Is the only way to recover the tabs now to go into my history and manually retrieve tabs? We’re talking over 6 weeks of history so not exactly fun. Does Brave have an accessible sqlite db file or another mechanism to access history? The History page keeps auto-scrolling as I try to copy my tabs to a new browser, it’s infuriating.

Try updating to the latest version

When the crash occured 0.64.75 was the latest version. It is now up to date because the Windows version updates automatically. 0.64.76 doesn’t specifically address this issue, it updates Chromium: Upgraded Chromium to 74.0.3729.157. At this stage, I just want my information back. I’m currently working on using sqlite to extract from the History file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.