- Brave Browser frequently crashes then when I click on Restore Pages; Brave Browser does not restore pages.
- Brave Browser frequently has applications / processes running in the background that I am unable to close, even in the Windows Task Manager. When this happens, I am unable to relaunch Brave Browser without first rebooting my computer.
- With Brave Browser Updates, I am unable to relaunch Brave Browser without first rebooting my computer.
- There are many webpages that do not seem to fully display and I am unable to complete tasks on such webpages, even when the Brave Shields are down for these webpages.
Version 1.26.77 Chromium: 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (64-bit) but has happened with the past 2 or 3 versions.
Have you tried re-installing Brave? All of your issues sound serious and it might be the best to re-install Brave right away.
Make sure to download Brave only from https://brave.com/.
Yes, I have done that. It does not help. Currently, task manager shows that I have 21 browsers open. There are 5 open.
The number of processes is higher than the actual number of open Brave instances because Brave uses multiple processes - a main process, and processes for tabs, extensions, etc.
Might help - Piriform’s CCleaner:
I’ve already done that. Thank you.
Are you still experiencing random crashes? Have you changed any flags at
brave://flags before those crashes began?
Yes. No. The response only required 2 words but because of the ludicrous requirement that it contain a minimum of 20 characters I elected to opt for this mindless addition instead of the suggested .
Are there any crash reports when you open
brave://crashes? If you can provide the ID’s of the crashes, it would be the best to open a Github report so developers can track down the cause of those crashes by the provided ID’s.
You can open a Github report over here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/.
If re-installation didn’t fix your issues, I’m not sure the cause of those crashes is related to Brave.
thanks for all suggesting god bless all and keep safe every one:innocent:
Thank you. Yes, there are 8 crashes in recent history. If the problem is not with Brave, it should happen with other browsers, which it does not.
@jawjahpeach can you confirm whether disabling Experimental Web Features resolves the issue?
- Open brave://flags
- Find enable-experimental-web-platform-feature and switch it to disabled state
- Restart the browser
Thank you. It was already disabled.
Open a Github report over here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues, providing all crash details. Have you done anything specific after you re-installed Brave? It’s not normal for crashes to continue after a fresh installation if you haven’t done anything.
All crashes, failures to completely close open tabs, inability to open the browser both after closing the browser and after updates have continued after fresh installation without correlation to any specific event. No changes were made other than fresh installation and updating the browser.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.