Brave crashing entire system while closing video

Description of the issue
on the side dota2lounge whenever i try to come out of the video by pressing esc key the entire system crashes and gets stuck but the audio keeps playing in the background
this issue seems to be reproducible since it has happened with me in the same manner many times for which the crash reports are mentioned below:
Local Context 3f9db481-4aaa-42c2-a972-5dcfa6456c83
Local Context 5d62d99d-a9ef-4ba5-9c23-7428d5a25de1
Local Context 1227b0d3-22cd-4e7a-81ba-7fb3e278be65
Also, all the 3 above reports have been sent from crash reporting window just minutes before creating this forum topic
Exact URL of the website in question
https://dota2lounge.com/
Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)
yes
Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)
yes
Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)
no
Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
yes
What Operating System and Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(See the About Brave page in the main menu)
Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Definitely Chromium thing. Chrome acts the same. Same behaviour on youtube. OS: Ubuntu 16.04.
Highly doubt that this information will help (as it is not Brave specific problem), but here it is: when I close my laptop, it locks and when I open it again, I enter my password and computer acts as nothing has happened (functions perfectly fine).

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.