Brave crashes after opening some specific youtube videos or working in some other sites. it functions normally when such tabs are closed

while designing instagram story on canva brave automatically shuts itself and when i tried to open it again it shuts again next time i had to close that particular tab and then it become normal. this problem is repeated several times even restarting the computer is not helping. This problem is forcing me to work on another browsers.
my brave version is
Version 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)
. The experience is really bad please help me asap.

1 Like

@vijit

Youtube videos suddenly don't play right

Videos(youtube) keep crashing

yess it keeps crashing

What version of Windows are you on?

Is any antivirus or other security software (besides MS Defender) installed?

Do you have any extensions installed/enabled? If so, does it still happen with them all disabled?

Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)

1 Like

Just noticed on my side since last Brave update two days ago that Brave closes when clicking on Youtube links from Duckduckgo search engine.
I’m on Ubuntu.
If I right click on Youtube link and ask to open in new window, I don’t have the problem.

If you want to report issues here as well, you should also include the version #s involved. Especially considering there were some bugs in the prior point-release that were causing crashes, so you’ll want to start by making sure you’re on 1.41.100 before going further.

on version v1.41.100 crash city … using windows 10 gasp … of other note I no longer get add pop ups and this issue has been of and on for over a year (yes I have run the gauntlet of trouble shooting to no avail) so the likely hood of my continued use of the platform is rapidly deteriorating and this mainly stems from the memory leak issue that seems to have intensified … good luck brave developers hope you right the ship

@vijit can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.