Hi, there’s a lot of information missing.
Which Windows version do you use?
Did you use brave.com/download for the installation (or GitHub or unofficial sites?)
Which antivirus program do you use?
Maybe it’s a bug in Windows and not Brave. Here’s a translated page with a file that you could use to fix some bugs (it’s important to run the file as administrator. Then confirm the window with Y.):
The options are selected by pressing the digit:
1.opens the Windows protection (System properties -> Computer protection)
2.update components are reset (This will repair Windows Update)
3.temporary files under Windows are deleted
4. are the Internet Explorer settings called. Here you can reset the settings under Advanced.
5.check all protected system files (sfc / scannow is started)
6. scans the system for damage (Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth)
7. checks the system for detected damage (Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth)
8. fix the system (Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth)
9. deletes the replaced components (component store is cleaned)
10. changes corrupted registry entries (a registry backup is created on the desktop)
11. resets the Winsock settings (network settings)
12. search for updates is started (Starts Settings -> Windows Update)
13. search for other local solutions (Starts Settings -> Troubleshooting)
14. search for other online solutions
15. download diagnostics (selection of diagcabs: Windows Update Tool, or Apps Tool or Start menu)
16. restart the PC
To exit the script press 0
End of translation
I’m not 100% Win-Pro, but the numbers
I’d definitely take it out once.
You can also download the file from other sources, search for “ResetWUEng” (Surely you will find a page in your language ).
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator