Brave is causing Windows to crash (Blue Screen)

Description of the issue: In the past 5 days, my Windows has crashed 7 times. The OS freezes for 5-10 seconds and the famous “Blue Screen of Death” appears. The error type is “DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION”. All this crashes happened while I was using Brave, but it didn’t seem to me that it was related. So I searched about the error and did a lot of possible solutions, but nothing worked. Then, I recently noticed that sometimes Brave was slowing down my perfomance. When I was playing at chess.com, for example, I was experiencing a lot of perfomance issues and the FPS was around 15. Because of that, I’ve switched back to Chrome and then the crashes and perfomance issues stopped.

System and Hardware: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 7567 (Intel Core i7 and GTX1050TI), 16GB of RAM

Screenshot:

(it’s in portuguese but the text translation means: “The device found a problem and needs to be restarted. We’re collecting some informations about the error and, after that, we’ll restarted it for you”
“90% done”)

Operating System and Brave Version: Windows 10 64-bit and Brave v1.21.77

@TomasLPG,
Sounds like a Hardware Acceleration issue to me. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I’ve just changed, so I’ll test it for a couple of days. Hope it works. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.