Brave browser won't start after system restore

Description of the issue:

After i did a system restore, due to the fact, I wanted to try to roll back Brave update to previous version before I updated it, (the updated version broke the MetaMask extension), as discussed on another thread, Brave browser now will not open, either from the taskbar, start menu, or even the file location under Program Files.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. ran SFC /scannow. If found corrupt files and repaired them, but Brave still would not open.
  2. Rebooted, still would not open.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Browser will not load after system restore. I’m on a Windows 10 pro 64 bit v.20H2.

Expected result:

Browser opens.

Reproduces how often:

every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 10 pro 64 bit v.20H2. I can’t open Brave to get the version but it was the last update around 9/11/2021, the one that a lot of people are having issues with not being able to transact with MetaMask extension.

Additional Information:

I think I would like to try to uninstall and reinstall Brave; however, Im concerned if I do, it might not affect the balance in my wallet. Please help.

UPDATE: Uninstall/ reinstall worked to recover Brave Browser and I only had to type my password to open MetaMask and my balance was there. This is resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.