Brave Browser Not Showing In Windows 10 Notifications, No Ads Showing

yes :frowning: change nothing :frowning:

Hi,

I got it to appear in the notification centre by accepting notification from the website. I’ve not yet receive any ads though.

how did you accept that?

@Mattches Here’s a solve for others with this issue.

Go to any messaging website using brave browser (I did it with this one - brave community) and enable notifications. Once you receive your first message/notification, brave will show up in notification settings on windows and you will start receiving ads.

It’s weird but it works.

3 Likes

@Carter6479,
Thank you for reporting – we’re looking into the logic behind this on our end. Appreciate your assistance :slight_smile:

1 Like

This fixed the issue for myself as well. Now I just need a way to turn off notifications for individual websites.

I also dont get ads anymore since upgrade to 1.3.118

Same here its been 2 weeks now still dont get an adz…!!

I did all of these guide just to make it work but still no hope…!!

Brave Notification is on and i can see it on Notification App
i did also the https://www.bennish.net/ the notification is showing but not the ads
Regedit edit to activate still thesame

its been almost 2 weeks now still nothing…!! Version 1.3.118

1 Like

I have been using Brave Browser for about 3 days. I haven’t seen any advertisements on my laptop for 3 days. I tried it on the phone and I could see ads. I think I can’t get notifications on windows 10. Hopefully the problem will be solved soon

I’m also not receiving any ads. Running on a clean Windows 10 install, updated to the latest stable build.

@Mattches same issue as everyone here. Tried your solution and rebooted and yet Brave won’t show on notifications. Let’s see if by posting this, I can trigger the allow notifications window to see if then Brave shows up.
Thanks for your support!

It wasn’t working but now it does. I turned on notifications, and then turned on ‘‘Print Notification’’ and almost immediately, an Amazon add came through.

Now Brave shows on the ‘‘Notifications and actions’’ list.

I will now resync with my mobile and see if my wallet balance updates.

i will try thank you.

I tried this and it worked

“Indeed! Brave shows up in windows notification list after using that link! Thank you. That link and this post need to be pinned somewhere forever . Before posting I did great searching and failed to find a solution until now! Thank you.”

5 Likes

I have this theory that those who are not getting ads even if they are in the supported region has something to do with the IP address or their ISP. I tried to help someone where I suggested he use a VPN and choose a VPN server location with lots of Brave advertisers. When he did, he started getting Brave ads and now, even if he isn’t using VPN connection, he started to get Brave Ads normally.

Can someone try using VPN service? The free ones would do just fine. Choose a VPN server location ( I suggest US VPN servers ) and see if you start getting Brave Ads. Then after you start getting Brave Ads, turn of VPN service and check if you start to get ads normally.

1 Like

That’s incorrect. I have 2 computers on the same ISP. I get the adds on one but not the other.

That’s the point I’m trying to make. Although not directly, the ISP and the IP they’re providing has something to do with it. I just tried this method on one of my computers and it started to get ads normally and I’m using just one ISP for all my device. That said computer doesn’t use VPN and it only got about 2 Brave Ads in a month and after using the VPN and got 3 Brave Ads, I turned the VPN off and after that I got 3 more Brave Ads in two hours. My region doesn’t have that much Brave Advertisers so getting 3 without VPN in a day seems just about right. If I get 3 ads per day after this then I think this method will work for some.

Seems to me that one should get a few Brave Ads from a location with lots of advertisers using VPN to somehow ‘trigger’ the event of getting Brave Ads normally. Well, this is just my observation after doing a few things.

Doing further testing and monitoring at the moment.

1 Like

Hi @Mattches I went to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and I see a brave shortcut there (

)

Still dont have Brave showing up in my notifications list (

)

@m204617 can you explain how to use that link? I am not sure how to use it or what I am seeing…I clicked authorize and nothing happened but the console spit out the following:

This is the output console.
Text will appear here when stuff happens.

Notification #1 queued for display
Notification #1 showed
Notification #1 closed

1 Like

It was working for me as well. Thanks

100% Solutions in under 10 seconds no downloads required.

As many has stated you need to force a notification inside of Brave inorder for windows 10 for populate it in its notifications center.

Below is a link to a website that forces a mock notification.
https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html

Go to website, select Authorize then select Show. You will receive a notification and Brave will be placed in your Windows Notification Center.

FYI, you may want to turn off your Brave rewards for 60 seconds then turn it back on.
and also turn off Focus Assist inside of Windows.

Please reply if this helps you guys.

3 Likes