Brave Browser high CPU usage lately

Seems to be fixed for me without doing anything on my side. Having the browser running all day with 10+ tabs didn’t make my fans take off :slight_smile:

Same here, my issue is gone without doing anything on my side

Hi, I have been having like 20 % on average CPU on Ubuntu 19.10 and 10 to 20% on Windows.
On windows I have version V1.5.115 where you state that Fixed CPU/performance issues in certain cases. (#8779).
I can’t verify the exact version of Brave on Ubuntu but it was updated like on the 25th of March.

What should I do to address this issue? It’s very annoying.

@kamil - FYI: Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit), no change, browser still unusable due to Bat Ledger Service taking 100% CPU.

I have same problem… My PC hang while watching Youtube Video… please help me to stop Lag of my PC

Sir if i enable this feature is there any bad effect 8n my browser? example it will not affect in recieving Premium Ads?

No need to enable this anymore - we’ve since rolled out a fix :slight_smile: Cosmetic filtering is the ability to block items on a page via CSS for example. It’s a good compliment to adblocking since cosmetic rules will often be used to remove large empty white spaces. It ships being enabled by default with 1.7 and later

If you’re still seeing a problem on latest 1.5 version (1.5.123, it’s a different problem. My guess would be the Bat Ledger process. You can open the Brave task manager from the Hamburger menu in the top right (three lines), go to More Tools and then pick Task Manager

Once that’s open, you can sort by %CPU used and that should help find the culprit :slight_smile: Let us know!

2 Likes

I’m still getting this issue. I’ve been unable to use brave for months now, this usage lags everything. Enabling or disabling cosmetic filtering does nothing.

@kamil - FYI, “Version 1.7.92 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)” behaves correctly and no longer abuses CPU.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 36 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.