Brave Browser does not connect to any website

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Brave Browser does not connect to any website

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.47.186

Additional Information:

Course of action taken to try and remidy the issue:
Emptied cache (cookies)
Uninstalled previous version and reinstalled latest version from website today.

Error message:

Reads: “’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem. DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE”

Hello @Mimblewimble

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you kindly try to disable shields to see if the issue persist?

Be waiting for your response!

I disabled the firewall and antivirus (standard MS) and no change. I had not changed any settings or conducted any update. It worked well yesterday, I shut down the computer and the next day it was “dead”. All other browsers work btw.

@Mimblewimble Would say to test as new profile and/or in private window. But main thing I want to ask, do you have any extensions? There’s been some people in the past few months that had extensions, especially internet security ones, that caused the same issue as you’re getting. Once they removed them, issue went away.

I know you mentioned uninstalling and installing Brave again, but I’m not sure if extensions might have loaded.

I have extensions. First thing I did was deactivate them all, meaning going to the extension manager and switched the buttons to the left (bottom right corner of the respective extension panel - so probably more deactivating from the browser bar than complete removal). One extension was no longer supported ( Google Office manager I believe) and subsequently removed. This, however, did not change anything.

Possibly a complete removal might help. But hardly any security ones there, and if yes, they were there for a longer periode of time. Usually some popup blocker and analysis extensions, crypto wallets and the odd tool. Don’t know whether a full list helps here.

Can you please test the behavior in a fresh browser profile as @Saoiray suggested and see if this makes any difference? Ensure you only have one browser window open (using the new profile) when performing the test.

We can continue troubleshooting from there.

Thank you

ok, have opend a fresh browser profile - no extensions in extension manger. In task manager there is some crypto wallet activity recorded although none are in fact existant there anymore. But same connection issue.

Have opened the browser again today and it is back to normal. No settings adjusted. Reactivated the extensions. Currently seems back to normal. If things change will let you know. Thank you for now!


Glad to hear, although I’m not entirely sure what the underlying issue was. I’m going to leave this thread open for now — please let us know if the issue occurs again.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.