Description of the issue:
Most of the times I’m not able to open any webpage in this browser or should I say the browser isn’t connecting to the webpages, although I have no issues with the internet and also while this problem occurs if I try to use any other browser the webpages open without any issues.
I did clear browing data, cache and all twice by now but none of them seem to work and I wish to continue using Brave as my primary browser since I find it better than other browsers.i am using windows 11. I wonder if this problem is exclusive to me. Picture relating to the problem is added
Brave Version( check
About Brave): 1.48.171
Does the same happen in a private window or a new profile ?
Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Additionally, please use guest mode to see if the issue persist and If that works, please try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.
- On your computer, open Brave.
- At the top right, click
More tools →
- On to the extension you want to remove, click
- Confirm by clicking
Let us know if that helps.
Hello . Please go to the Marmargar settings section and turn off or disable the proxy if it is enabled. I hope your problem is solved
I apologize for not replying sooner, I realized that its the same for every browser; I usually disconnect my laptop from the wifi and reconnect it again, it works then.
No extensions are not the cause, it looks like its the same for every browser. Its more like it shows my laptop is connected to the internet but I’m not able to surf through anything that requires internet. It happens randomly and is temporary.
Thank you for replying, although it doesn’t solve the issue.
What security software do you have on the system?
I would try temporarily and completely disabling that and see if the behavior changes.
Have tried that but I’ve seen no difference.
Especially in light of the above, almost certainly
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED means that you either have more general Internet issues, or something else (not the browser(s)) on the system that is causing these issues.
I think we could troubleshoot a little more by having the ‘Network’ tab of DevTools (press
F12 before loading a site) and seeing what that looks like; however I think the root cause is likely to be something outside the scope of Brave, or any browser.
You could run thru something like this, although it does look like you’ve already tried a few of the steps there.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.