DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE - Webpages not loading (Windows 11 Desktop)

**DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE; CANNOT FIND SERVER, NO INTERNET, AND MORE SIMILAR ERROR MESSAGES **

**Any web address typed or selected from bookmarks failed to load and one of the above error messages returned. **

**Did the issue present with [default Shields settings]? Yes, downloaded and installed the browser from the Microsoft Windows App Store, only changes made were to show Home button always, bookmarks and added lastpass extension. The browser worked lighting fast initially. Then suddenly all activity returned one of the many errors mentioned.

After reading several related topics posted from DECEMBER 2021 - FEBRUARY 2022 I found all had some connection to a possible firewall issue. I’m using Norton 360 Antivirus software. I found the firewall rule entry in Norton. which gave Brave access to the internet as expected. The only modification I made to the firewall rule was simply uncheck the box and then applied the change.
I then launched Brave and the application immediately returned to perfect running condition.

I also use Firefox and was having similar issues. Performed the same changes for that application and it resolved my trouble also.

NOTE: In both applications all settings were at default settings post installation of the applications.

I hope the information here helps someone - good luck.

1 Like

Hello there @fjturner68 please accept my apologies for this inconvenience, could you please provide me with the Brave version you have installed in order to make further investigation?

Hey Kevin,

Thank you for replying promptly. I am also incurring this error on my Brave browser. I am running Brave version 1.48.167 with Chromium version 110.0.5481.104 (64-bit).

I have already whitelisted Brave for my firewalls (and have also tried disabling them). I’m getting error code 7: 0x80072EE7 within Brave (in addition to the original error noted above).

Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Thank you so much for your time.

1 Like

Could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if the pages load? If they do load, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menuOpen Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click MenuMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

Hi there @fjturner68 are you still experiencing this same issue or it no longer appears? Please let me know.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.