Black screen then crashes

Description of the issue:
Immediately after opening Brave iOS app it shows a blank black screen with blank grey bars on the top and bottom. Tries to load for ~15-20 seconds then crashes. Everything stays blank, nothing changes and no option to click on anything appears.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open the app

Expected result:
Brave launches properly

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.47 checked through Apple App Store
I’m assuming About Brave is in the apps settings/info and I’m not able to access anything within the app due to this issue.

Mobile Device details
iPhone 11 - iOS 16.1.1

Additional Information:
Have 1k+ tabs but usually it’ll still load after some waiting and if it crashes due to there being so many tabs when I reopen the app it’ll ask to restore tabs. Since yesterday it’s only stayed on a blank black screen no matter what I do.
I tried some of the suggestions for a similar issue that’s been going on, crashing after showing a white screen (is the color impacted by me using dark mode?)
I tried to find an option to clear Braves cache in Apple’s settings app but didn’t find anything helpful.

Things I’ve tried w/ no success:

• Turning on airplane mode
  • Making sure low power mode isn’t on
  • Clearing all background apps and reopening
  • Completely shutting off my phone
  • Offloading the app in iPhone storage settings and reinstalling

Hello @dewp

Thanks for the information, I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards!

any updates?? been having the same issue for about a year, i tried deleting most of my tabs, it didnt help, im debating deleting the app but am kinda scared of losing all my tabs, what can we do?

Hey we will investigate this issue this week.
It must be because of the high number of tabs opened that needs to be restored.

One workaround would be to convert them to bookmarks instead by long pressing on the tabs button.

You can try to give us crash logs too, can grab them like this https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/wiki/How-to-get-your-device-logs

I Think Deleting Some tabs Might be your last hope about this issue, if that does not work maybe report this issue to an expert

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.