Brave black screen when opening, does not load, then crashes

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

i cannot open the brave browser on ios. my previous ios update was 15.5, didn’t open, then i updated to the current one (16.4.1) and it still didn’t open. all i have is a black screen (i use the dark mode) and then it crashes, closes, then returns to the home screen of my iphone. my tabs are about 1.3k+. it was just working earlier and then it started crashing. i updated the brave browser earlier too, but i don’t know if it’s the one causing the crash. i tried everything, even offloading the app. long-pressing the icon and clicking new tab does not work either. i do not want to redownload it as i have too many important tabs open in the browser, and i don’t want to lose them. PLEASE HELP.

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:
i just want to be able to use brave browser again. i don’t want it to crash anymore!!!

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
iPhone 11
iOS version 16.4.1

Additional Information:
this is what the screen looks like when i open it:

1 Like

NEW UPDATE:

when i tried to screenshot the black screen, brave loaded for a few seconds with the homeoage and the pop-up that says brave crashed and “would you like to recover your tabs”? when i clicked yes, it froze for less than 5 seconds before crashing again and then. closing itself, returning to the home screen of my iphone. when i clicked on it again, it returned to the black screen. what do i do???

1 Like

Same thing happened to me today! Totally worked fine this morning on iOS 16.3.1 and now it opens to a black screen and closes to Home Screen after a few seconds.

Brave version: 1.51
iOS: 16.3.1

Exact same thing here. Try to open the Brave browser from my Home Screen. It opens to a black screen and then the browser closes after a few seconds. Totally worked fine in the morning yesterday, but stopped working a few hours later.

iOS: 16.3…1

Does anyone know a fix?

The same thing happened to me. Opened the browser in the morning and worked just fine.

Opened the browser a few hours later to a black screen and then it closed out after a few seconds.

iOS version: 16.3.1

Does anyone know of a fix besides uninstalling and reinstalling? I have a ton of bookmarks that I’d like to not lose!

Same exact issue here! Worked fine yesterday morning and then stopped working a few hours later.

iOS: 16.3.1
Brave: 1.51

Is there a fix beyond uninstalling and reinstalling as I will lose all of my bookmarks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.