Beta version download behavior

**Description of the issue: Download action appears on toolbar instead of at bottom of browser.
**How can this issue be reproduced? Download a file

**Expected result: Downloaded file appears at bottom of browser.

**Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.50.78 Chromium: 111.0.5563.50 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

**Additional Information: I’m assuming this is how the new download behavior is supposed to be, but I personally hate it. Is there any way to change it back to how it used to be, where when you download a file it shows up at the bottom of the browser instead of on the toolbar?

1 Like

Correct, this is coming from Chromium 111.

I am not on that version yet so I can’t answer with certainty, but I doubt there will forever be a way to go back to the old behavior. (FWIW, plenty of people complain about that behavior as well, as it takes up so much screen real estate. Can’t please everyone I guess.)

The solution to this problem is to open a new tab and go to setting: “chrome://flags#download-bubble” to disable the download bubble and restore the download shelf.

2 Likes

That worked perfect, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.