How do I get downloads to show at the bottom of the screen?

Description of the issue:
Used to show the downloads at the bottom of the screen, but it doesn’t anymore. I can’t find any settings to turn this feature back on.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Just download any file and it should show up at the very bottom of the screen with options.

Expected result:
To be able to see the download progress and after that, have the option to click on it to install the file, or open the folder location, etc.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

1 Like

@bwoods,
Thank you for reaching out.
Are you still prompted on where to save the file(s) when you go to download them? Can you also test this behavior while using a Private window? Simply launch a private window and attempt to download anything (an image from a search result, for example) and tell me if the downloads bar at the bottom appears.

Sorry for the very late reply.

Yes, still prompted on where to save the files. In a Private window it does show the download bar at the bottom.

@bwoods,
You might want to try clearing your cache/browsing data (Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data) and see if this shakes something loose. I don’t see any reason why the download bar wouldn’t be appearing. Additionally, if you have any extensions installed, I would try disabling those and see if that makes any change in the behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.