BAT Balance Mysteriously Reduces?

Briefly describe your issue:
Over the course of the last month I am seeing apparently random reductions in my BAT reward balance on Gemini. There is no “transaction” recorded to explain why the BAT balance reduced.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes
What date did you verify your wallet?
In August
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
I don’t have Uphold

It is an auto contribution txn, you have AC setting ON in one (or more) of your linked devices.

There’s a transaction there. I just forget where people said to look in order to see transactions. It’s in a separate area.

As miho171 mentioned, most likely you have Auto Contribute turned on. Check your Rewards settings at brave://rewards and see if the toggle next to Auto Contribute is on. Do this on all devices you’ve ever had connected to Gemini. If it is on, turn it off.

Ah, now the light went on - thanks guys. I’d not appreciated that each browser connect to the account acts individually, I thought it would be one setting for all.

Thanks for the feedback - mystery solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.