Description of the issue:
When performing certain functions in google docs, like copying and pasting without formatting or editing offline documents, it directs me to enable the Google Docs Offline extension via the Chrome web store. Each time I do this (by clicking the ‘Enable this item’ link on the same page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-docs-offline/ghbmnnjooekpmoecnnnilnnbdlolhkhi) and reload google docs to implement it, I am presented again with the following notice on top of the google docs page: “The Google Docs Offline Chrome extension is missing or disabled. To edit offline, enable the extension. To disable offline editing, update your settings.” When I follow the link to enable the extension, I redirected to the same Chrome webstore page where I again must clink ‘Enable this item’, creating a never-ending cycle in which the Google Docs Offline features remain disabled.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Open Google Docs in the Brave browser.
- Copy text. Right click on the document, click ‘Copy and paste without formatting’
- Follow the link presented to install the Google Docs Offline extension.
- (If not installed, install the Google Docs Offline extension.)
- Click the "Enable this item’ link on top of the Chrome webstore tab.
- Return to Google Docs and follow the link on top of the tab to reload Google Docs to enable the extension.
- Try again to copy and paste without formatting as in step 2.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Google Docs Offline extension remains disabled. Even toggling the ‘Offline’ switch in google docs settings leads to the same problem.
Google Docs offline editing remains enabled once installed.
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
MacOS Venture 13.1
I do not get this error on Google Chrome.