All wallets and web3 sites seem broken

Please only post Brave Wallet inquiries in this category – visit the Brave Rewards category for all related rewards issues.

The Brave Team will never ask you for your recovery phrase or private key.

Description of the issue: I don’t know if I messed with a setting, its because of the update or what the issue is but I am very crypto wallet extension and web3 heavy and use brave as my browser for such activity, past 2 days any site that requires a signature or logon from one of my many wallet extensions it just wont go through, the wallet will not popup even after refresdhing the page, certain links also refuse to even let me click them this is pissing me off as I do tons of quests daily and cannoty seem to fix this.

Is the issue occurring on a specific network? network? no just internet brave browser

What operating system are you using?windows 11 (tho some sources classify it as 10 uh home edition)

Brave Version (check About Brave):1.52.122

Additional Information:any suggestions welcome i just want my smooth running crypto/brave machine back!

1 Like

Hi @Mike212!

Can you help me with the following questions?

1. Do you have Coinbase Wallet extension installed?

2. How many accounts do you have on your Brave Wallet?

3. What’s your CPU and memory usage like? You can find this on the Task Manager application.

Thanks!
Ani

I’m experiencing something like this too, using Brave wallet on Mac. I do not have Coinbase Wallet installed. I have 5 EVM accounts in Brave wallet. And whenever I try to use Brave wallet, it spikes system resource utilization.

Specifically, it spikes CPU utilization – not memory.

Hi @lincolncannon!

We are aware of the wallet being very CPU hungry, and it gets worse as you create more accounts or add custom networks, particularly for EVM.

This is a top priority for the team, and we’ve already landed some big improvements on current Nightly (1.54.x) with more in the works. Feel free to give it a try if you’re not opposed to being on the bleeding edge.

That said, there’s still a chance that the OP’s issue is related to Coinbase Wallet, so not ruling that out.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for your help, @onyb !

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply I think whatever fixes you guys made mustve shown up pretty quickly (which they almost always do, you guys kick ass!) uhm I do have cvoinbase wallet, I have metamask, coinbase, okx, hashpack, keplr, cosmostation, etc etc, +about 12 others, however I use them as needed depending on which site I’m on and consider metamask my main evm wallet and only ever have one evm wallet on at a time.

The performance of Brave Wallet is still extremely poor. Ironically, I now have to use Chrome for any crypto purposes. Any hints on features that I can turn off to make Brave Wallet usable again?

Thanks for your reply, Hubert. I’m traveling through the end of next week. If I’m still observing poor performance of Brave Wallet at that time, I might take you up on that.

1 Like

Thanks for asking. It’s worse than before.

I have installed the latest version. And I have tried, twice, to unlock my wallet and view the wallet page in settings. Both times, it spiked CPU utilization and crashed my computer (2019 MacBook Pro). It’s completely unusable now.

I have also tried just logging in to the wallet – not visiting the wallet page – and using Web3 websites. That also crashes my computer.

Version 1.56.11 Chromium: 115.0.5790.102 (Official Build) (x86_64)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.