Ability to change the background image of the Brave home page to a user chosen image

@Destruction,
That is correct.

1 Like

@DERE1 @Destruction
This is not the thread to ask support questions like this. This thread is about changing the background image in the new tab. Please open your own issue in the appropriate category and include the information requested in the editor and someone will be happy to assist you.

It would also be great if you could customize all the colors of the tabs and such even separate from the background image, or if chrome themes worked properly. Basically any type of actual customization would be great aside from the partially-functional chrome themes.

@Mattches Problem is I don’t wanna open several irrelevant threads on a topic that’s been discussed for over 2 yrs. And anyways talking about when the feature we’ve been waiting for to release is relevant to the topic.

This particular feature request – changing the background image to an image of your choosing – is currently in progress. You can track that progress here.

If you have issues about Uphold, Rewards, problems with the browser or quite literally anything other than this feature request, please open a new thread and provide us with as much detail as possible. I will no longer be responding to unrelated replies in this thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

What about being able to save new tab background?

@talgeeze,
Closest thing to that is either this site, which collates the NTP sponsored images:
https://brave.photos/

You can find some of the standard NTP images here:

Note that all NTP images have a link to the photographer/artist that you can click on to see their work.

1 Like

It’s never a direct link to the individual image. You have to browse through hundreds of pictures and hope it’s somewhere in there.

I’ve tried to make it using some guides from here and it didn’t work out. I followed the guide carefully, so I don’t know what’s the reason. That’s really disappointing because I usually like to set up new backgrounds on the soft. For example, I didn’t have any problems with it while using Firefox or Chrome but it’s difficult on Brave. I usually use stock images for backgrounds because of their high quality, and I wanted my Brave browser to look more solid. I hope the developers will fix this issue in the next update, so I could make a beautiful background on a home page there.

1 Like

Yes, the feature that allows the use of chrome themes feels half baked, as the wallpaper doesn’t change.

2 Likes

will this feature be avaialable in android also?

2 Likes

Any progress on this topic?

Nope… Come back in another 365 days…

5 Likes

@VAPG1974 loooool :joy:

1 Like

@VAPG1974 :joy: absolutely, I read the github on this topic where clifton said they are low in developers numbers.and they are focusing on other things…why they are doing the video call and this crypto thing…They are trying to do it all at the same time.Just a browser with all necessary things should have been there.All i see is query topics related to uphold and all that. No basic features no translate.Android version has many bugs too and lack features.

2 Likes

relatable…

Apparently, changing background is in progress but Idk how long it’ll take. Been asking for months now, most likely will get a solid update in 2 yrs at this point.

Like, I do love Brave and all but not having this one feature puts me off. Sometimes I do think i should switch back.

3 Likes

yuppppppp!..i have no hope for now.

switch back to? chrome or opera

1 Like

Hard decision…pawned by SJWs or by CCP…
But still we have the option of “Tab Search”. Besides, the Reading list feature could be rewritten in order to accomodate tabs, bookmarks as well…

read later in bookmarks bar is a nice feature to have Read Later feature in bookmark bar