Ability to change the background image of the Brave home page to a user chosen image

This is definetly not crucial, but I thought it would be cool if users of the Brave browser could change the background image of the Brave browser home page.

2 Likes

Add this and click the dots on the bottom right of a new tab then click background at the top left then my gallery on the left menu.

4 Likes

Thanks for the solution, I just started using one or two days ago. :relieved:

You made my day. :sunglasses:

@anazexport13 @ZerosNOnes @mekdunalz

just a question are you sure that does not affect the sponsor image ?

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi justsomeone1,

Yes, it will affect the sponsor image because it’s not the official page where brave displays it’s images. You’d have to disable this and any other extensions that affect it such as FVD speed dial, etc, so that when the new tab button is opened/clicked, the brave stats, sponsored images, etc, can display.

1 Like

This feature will eventually be pushed into the browser. Please see our NTP project board for more information on what we’re working on for future releases:

14 Likes

That sounds amazing! Was waiting for it. I use FVD dial at the moment, any chances it could resemble those functions? Privacy tabs, passworded tabs and a lockout for the entire new tab? Also drag and drop/rearrange bookmarks and bookmark groups?

1 Like

thanks for explaining and have a nice day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was wondering if they would make a feature to change the background image to the theme that you currently have activated on brave

2 Likes

It doesn’t work for me:(

yes this should be done aspf

guys vote for this
goongan gingan goongan gingan

Please. The unchangeable background image is a big NO-NO for me.

1 Like

I wonder if that wouldn’t hurt photographer’s incomes… but that’s my opinion.

I have set mine to a blank, so your comment doesn’t apply as there is already the option not to display a ‘‘commercial’’ image.

1 Like

Still not sending a profit to any photographer besides being boring, but that’s my opinion.

1 Like

I do understand that wanting to be able to control what background image shows up is a cosmetic, rather than a functional issue. But, a few months into using Brave, and really appreciating the functionality, I’m still irritated every time one of those stock photos shows up–which is every new window and every new tab. (I actually like one of them: the closeup of circular green agave-type plants by Zane Lee.) So come on, how hard is it to implement this? Maybe there’s a security issue?

2 Likes

I’d at least appreciate the option to not have a new image every single time I open the browser or a new tab. I like the images, and would like to have the option to choose a default image, rather than randomizing every time.

2 Likes

The feature is still in the works atm. Been a long time - hope to see an update on it soon.

The latest update regarding the upcoming feature was in April, Karen included designs for it.