Background image

Unable to change opening screen and tabs background

Is it possible, and if so how, to change the background picture of Brave when you open it or a new tab. I am very afraid of heights and everytime I open Brave or a tab I get very nausea instantly and feel sick.
Maybe there is an option but I cannot find it, despite searching on DDG. Changing its theme doesn’t change Brave’s background.

Thanks in advance,
Eef Vreeland

Windows 10
Brave Version 0.67.123 Chromium: 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Hi,
you mean the background on new tabs?
I don’t think this function (to change) is currently available. But then it should be in the feature request area. :slight_smile:
See here.

1 Like

The new tab background images changes on with each new tab but a feature currently in nightly and BRAVE Dev has the ability to remove the background image and have just the gradient.

1 Like

Hi Mediabird,
Yes, I meant exactly that. These (beautiful) photo’s make me nausea and feel sick, which is in fact my own problem. It’s hard for me to believe that one should request for such basic functionality.
Anyway, if a request is the way, then that is the way. Better than ‘no, impossible’ don’t you think?
Thank you so much for taken the time to react, really.

Eef

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check that out.

Eef

Thanks for reporting.

The new Brave version 0.68.x will have the feature to turn off the background image. It is scheduled to be released on August 20, 2019.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t expect that! Thanks for the message and thanks for Brave!
Take care
:smile:
Eef

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.