Description of the issue:
Todays update destroyed Widevine on macOS 10.15.1.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Update to version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (official build) (64-bit)
- right after restart you’ll get a message that macOS can not guarantee that a Widevine file is not malware and suggests to delete that file.
- Even if you dismiss the suggestion and try to stream maybe Prime Video, you’ll get a message that Widevine is missing.
- Updating Widevine in “components” wasn’t successful.
- Delete Brave
- Try to re-install Brave, macOS states that the Brave-browser .pkg couldn’t be scanned by macOS, so macOS won’t open the install-package.
- At least a right-click on the .pkg-file helped to install Brave again.
Now it’s working without a Widevine-issue.
The update shouldn’t make such problems!
Brave Version( check
0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (official build) (64-bit)