YouTube won't load videos in Brave

YouTube won’t load videos

Hello @Fannste94

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you kindly try to put shields off to see if there is any difference?

Additionally, please clear cookies and cache:

1. Click on the Menu icon in the top right, and go to Settings
  2. Select Site Settings --> Cookies

Let me know if that works!

Hello @Fannste94

Thank you for the reply, actually to clear cookies and cache please go to brave shields and privacy and select clear browsing data then advance, all time and check cookies and site data

Be waiting for your response!
Regards!

It works when I clear the browsing data

@Fannste94 Just to confirm, are you saying once you cleared browsing history, that YouTube is working?

Yes then YouTube works

1 Like

Hi @Fannste94

Thanks for your reply and I’m happy that for now the issue is solved, if you have any additional question or the issue comes back let us know! Have a great day!

I’m having the same problem, I’ve done all of the steps above and it only works on low resolutions eg360p or 480p, as soon as I choose anything about that it just continues to play the audio with the video stuck on whatever the frame was and keep showing a scrolling wheel? Any more help to fix this?.

@Drift_Meh do a favor and create your own topic. Also make sure to provide as much information in that topic as you can. Such as:

• The description of your issue (which you kind of provided here)
  • Which version of Brave you’re using,
  • Which OS and OS Version you’re on (Like Android 12, Windows 11, etc)
  • What steps you’ve attempted to fix it, if any.
  • If this happens only on YouTube or with all videos?

That said, I’m locking this topic. Do please create your own and provide those details so we can try to help you figure it out. Thanks!

Issue solved. Closed so any others can create their own topic and provide necessary information so they can be helped.