YouTube not loading videos when higher quality is selected

Hi there, I have been having difficulties getting YouTube to play videos on higher quality, when it loads its on 480p and as soon as I change it manually to anything above that it keeps scrolling and plays the sound with the video frame stuck on whenever I changed the quality.

I have tried deleting the cache and cookies as well as delete the history and even logged out of youtube and back again multiple times and it seems to not fix it. This issue is only on youtube any other videos its fine.

I’ve uploaded a screenshot of what version android I have,

d

2 Likes

Hello there @Drift_Meh, thanks for reporting this issue and please accept my apologies for it. Try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persists on those versions.

1 Like

I’ll tried both beta and nightly and it’s still the same problem, can only watch something on 480p max anything after that it just buffers

1 Like

Does the videos properly load if you open YouTube in private mode? Also if you have another device where you could install Brave, try installing it there to see if the issue repeats.

1 Like

I have brave on my Samsung tablet and it works flawlessly, it’s only on my phone where it doesnt work properly, I’ve tried it on private and its still the same problem,

1 Like

@Drift_Meh have you tried disabling shields while loading the videos on higher quality to see if they properly play?

Let me know if that works.

1 Like

I have tried with the shield off and allowing everything and it still does the same thing, if only i could show you a screen recording of what it does maybe that would help. It getting frustrating trying to watch YouTube on my phone and it doesn’t work.

1 Like

@Drift_Meh if you can, you could attach a screen recording of the issue to this conversation. In the meantime, do you have any power save option enabled on your mobile device that may be interfering with the app’s performance?

It won’t let me upload n attachment as I’m a new user, and I don’t have any power saving settings on my phone,

1 Like

Hi again @Drift_Meh could you please try installing an APK version of the browser from our repository to see if that changes anything?

I didn’t faced this issue, try clearing cache of the browser then try clearing browsing history, after doing this much your issue should be solved if there is no technical problem which I don’t think is.

1 Like

Post deleted by author

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.