YouTube Videos No Longer Loading

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
Since applying the latest update, YouTube videos will no longer play.

Exact URL of the website(s) in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No - the ad shows up, but the video never plays

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
v1.70.117

Yesterday (9/19/2020) youtube videos played, but 12-ish hours later they stopped in normal mode on all of my computers with Brave. In private mode, the videos play. I tried Firefox and Chrome and they play without issue…well, with stupid ads, but other than that, no issues (version 1.70.117).

1 Like

Rolling out an update to the YT ads code, I didn’t see any breakages but;

See if it helps

Thanks much.
Tried both of them, making sure the ad block updater was at 1.0.8019, but didn’t make a difference. Runs fine in a private window, however.

Thank you for your post. It doesn’t work since yesterday. I hope they are gonna fix it tomorrow or I am switching, to be honest to something different.

1 Like

Using any extensions @Nio484 @azedgetech @olson_canadian

Have had reports of dark mode extensions causing issues.

I went into the setting and reset the bowser settings to the default settings and it now works for me.

Ya, I’m using Dark Reader. But as of yesterday (9/23/2024), YouTube plays again. I didn’t do anything in Brave to mitigate the issue other than trying private mode, so I have no clue why they started playing again. Perhaps the Brave ads blocker was updated automatically in the background.

Yes, mine is suddenly working again as well. :thinking: