Youtube showing ads for the first time in years

HI!
So I recently had to restart my PC and brave had an update, ever since that update (I did it yesterday) ive had ads as if Shields had been turned off.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? Yes it does, it’s Youtube.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no) just basic settings

Brave version (check About Brave) Latest Version 1.46.134

1 Like

@ChilliTheDog

1. Clear cookies and all at brave://settings/clearBrowserData. Sometimes you can have something lingering that causes a problem.

2. You can try this before #1, but test in a Private Window and/or Create a new profile (browser profile) and see if you experience the same issues.

3. Make sure you check your Shields settings to make sure it’s not adjusted, not only for your default global settings at brave://settings/shields but also for YouTube specifically, which you would check via the Shields lion icon.

4. While at brave://settings/shields, make sure to go to Content Filtering and have Fanboy Annoyances List and uBlock Annoyances List turned on, as they can help reduce issues on a variety of sites.

1 Like

Can you refresh the Tab, or just close and open a new tab? @ChilliTheDog

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.