YouTube takes forever to load on startup

Description of the issue:
When I start brave I have it set to continue where I left off. When it starts up I usually leave a YouTube video as one of my tabs and it takes a long time to load if ever. None of my other browsers do this either.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Start Brave.
  2. Go to the YouTube page I left open.
  3. Watch it not load.

Expected result:
it loads quickly like my other browsers

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.67.123 Chromium: 126.0.6478.126 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Been happening for a couple of weeks to me. (When I installed the browser for the first time)

2 Likes

Does it load quicker in private window mode?

at like 12 seconds i go to another YouTube tab and it loads instantly. For some reason its just one YouTube tab that does it.

Yeah, but even with all extensions disabled it still does it.

Perform a Test with only 1 tab(Close all other tabs Except 1 youtube tab, close browser Profile and Test again)

Also your video shows you have disabled Shields for yt, Enable Shields up and disable all Extensions before you start the test.

Disabling all my extensions worked so I did it one by one and it seems UI Changer for Reddit was causing issues for YouTube. Which is weird because I have previously disabled all extensions and it didn’t work. Thank you for helping me figure it out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.