Browser takes 3+ minutes to load when first launched

Every time I launch Brave on laptop it takes 3+ minutes before I can do anything. It’s basically frozen, can’t click anything or even minimize the browser. It’s been happening for weeks now. I’ve tried turning off all my extensions to see if it’s an issue with one of them, but it didn’t have any effect.

I don’t know how someone can reproduce this issue, but I’m using a 2015 MacBook Air and I’m on macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4. And I’m using Brave Version 1.8.96 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Expected result: The browser loading quickly

I had this problem in the Linux version. Un-installing and re-installing Brave didn’t cure it but un-install, deleting the Brave directory (which retained settings) and re-installing solved the problem.

Does this happen when you boot to safe mode?

Do you have some anti-virus or some other program running in the background… Little Snitch?

Have you looked at any of the console logs to see if you can find something that looks suspicious?

I had to uninstall and delete all files and download again, and it works now

How do you uninstall Brave and where are the files you had to delete?

I wonder if just re-installing over itself would have worked?

I was annoyed and tired of trying to make it work so just searched for every file and folder containing “Brave” and moved them all to the trash.

Dunno in Windows, but in Linux it’s /.config/BraveSoftware/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.