Newly opened websites take long to load

Description of the issue:
Websites take really long (25s+) to load when first starting up brave

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open / reopen brave
  2. search for something

Expected result:
The website content loads almost immediately
(see right browser in video linked below)

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Brave is up to date
Version 1.65.130 Chromium: 124.0.6367.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
A video comparing brave’s first search with another browser’s first search. [click]
Both browsers were reset to default settings & user data was cleared.

@tommma,
That certainly is way too long. Out of curiosity, it shouldn’t matter but if you perform the same test but first click Skip on the opening Welcome Tour page, do you get the same results?

Yes, clicking the Skip button sadly did not change the loading speed.

This has been an ongoing issue. I’ve already posted screenshots of the loading dial, etc. on similar threads & have yet to see any real improvements.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the different threads people have raised with slower url loading speeds, streaming issues, & high memory / battery usage are all related. And now, the popups/redirects continue. Brave is in its Sloppy era.

For all we know, it could be related to them adding AI features via Leo & Search. There’s too much going on with Brave. They need to streamline the browser & just coninue focusing on privacy & blocking ads/popups.

@tommma,
Thank you for confirming.
While I ask some team members about this, would you be willing to download the Beta build of the browser? It will install as a separate browser and I’d be curious to see whether or not the issue occurs there as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.