Youtube Problem

I just recently switched to Brave from Chrome and i like it very much but i have one major issue, I do a lot of stuff through Youtube and the starting page doesn’t show how many new notifications i have unless i refresh the page ( the little bell on the top right that shows the number of new notifications).
If anyone has had the problem or knows how to fix it pls advise,

thanking you in advance

@Hathor,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
I woud recommend clearing cache/browsing data for Youtube and test to see if that helps. On my end I see the notifications appear right away.

1. Visit youtube.com
  2. Click the “lock” icon in the address bar, then Site settings
  3. Select Clear data and allow the page to refresh

thanks for the swift reply, i did it now i’ll w8 and see i’ll post if it doesn’t help

Yeap still not swing unless i refresh the page

@Hathor,
Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time? If so, can you please try disabling them and then testing to see if the notifications appear as intended?

just did that although i didn’t have anything weird on just a couple from Google like drive and remote desktop I’ll tell you in a bit if it changed anything

yeap still nothing and I just noticed not only the YouTube notifications don’t update unless i refresh the page but neither does this site, the community forums. so I am guessing its not only confined to YouTube and brave forums but to anything that has real time notifications.

I tried chrome again and everything updates correctly

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.