Youtube (on iMac) doesn't totally load with missing profile photos and community post images

Youtube doesn’t load profile photos or community post thumbnails unless I turn off Brave shields. In comment sections, profile photos aren’t present, and sometimes on the homepage they are grey. When Brave shields are off, the profile photos and community post thumbnails return to normal, along with the advertisements.

With shields

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 12.37.15 PM

Without shields

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 12.37.06 PM

BRAVE VERSION:
Version 1.48.171 Chromium: 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Hello @Jbez

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration.

Let us know if that helps.
Regards.

Thanks so much for the response! I will do this as soon as I can get to my desktop.

Thanks

Hi again! @Jbez

Additionally, please use guest mode to see if the issue persist and If that works, please try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click MenuMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let us know if that helps.

I created a new user with no extensions, and the result is the same.

Hardware acceleration is off as well.

Issue also persists on guest mode.

Hi again @Jbez

Thanks for your reply we appreciate the details. Could you kindly try to install the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persist?

Be waiting for your response!

Hi again @Jbez

I wanted to know if the issue was solved?

Regards!

Sorry, it can be a hassle to get a hold of my desktop. I share it with the rest of the family but it’s currently at a location away from the place where I sleep.

Thanks for your help. Brave should be proud to have people like yourself in their task force.

I don’t think I’ll be downloading those versions. I have grown relatively comfortable with the broken look of Brave Youtube, so I’ll just wait to be pleasantly surprised when it’s actually fixed. I’m also saying this because I can never get around to replying to you because of homework and other things. I don’t want to waste your time.

This may also be a bug that doesn’t belong in this forum category as well. I’m not a professional so I don’t know.

Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.