I love Brave browser and it’s add bloker. But, the problem is that it blocks too much. Every time I’m searching videos on youtube or wondering what suggested video I could watch, thumbnails are not displayed. The moment I put away Brave shields, all thumbnails start to appear. Hope someone can help me with this issue.
That’s very weird. Could you please check whether this issue persists in a fresh user profile?
I want to determine whether the issue is related to your current user profile in some way. If it turns out there is an issue with your current user profile, we’ll try to fix it, I don’t want you to give up on the user profile.
No matter how unlikely it is, disabling Hardware Acceleration has worked wonders for variety of issues, suggesting that isn’t a mistake most of the time.
What I find particularly interesting in this case, is that disabling Brave Shields resolves the issue, which makes me think it could be related to a regression issue with cookies that @fanboynz reported, as disabling Brave Shields allows all cookies - which could be resolving the issue. I can’t reproduce OP’s issue so can’t tell anything as of the moment, unfortunately.
I also cannot reproduce this but my first suggestion would definitely be to check and see if disabling Hardware Acceleration and see if this resolves the issue.
You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration
Could you please open brave://adblock and check whether any filter list is selected and whether you’re using some custom filters in the textbox at the bottom of the page. You might have accidentally blocked an element, which will appear as an entry in the Custom Filters textbox at the bottom of the page.
So far I can’t understand how disabling Brave Shields resolves your issue.