My Brave Browser isn’t showing some icons :/

Hello brave community (I don’t use forums ever so idk how to really do this but here I go).

Every time I open my brave browser the icons of certain applications don’t show up, and sometimes even the content itself ends up by giving me this half color square, like if I’m on the tenor website looking for gifs. I use an iMac with macOS Big Sur.

I dunno if you need more info but I’ll be able to give I just don’t know what to do to get rid of this. I uninstalled and reinstalled brave and even reset some of my brave settings but it’s still bugging out. I don’t want to delete anything that would get rid of my data (profile, bookmarks, etc.) how do I fix this?

Hey @CupNoodles4701 ! Welcome to the community :smiley:

Do you have any extensions installed? If so, can you please disable them?

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Porridge

1 Like

Oh wow okay, so it permanently worked after I turned off Hardware Acceleration.

At first it would work but as soon as I like right click the application and press “Quit” and then reopen it it’s give me the boxes again.

But yea I disabled my extensions and reenabled them. Thank you so much now I can get back to using tumblr :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.