Youtube Freeze (temporary solution)

So for the past 2 weeks my youtube audio would play but the screen would freeze from the start. A quick little solutions until brave dev team fixes it is just download something, yeah its that simple just download a random txt file or whatever and let the pop up that comes from under the screen sit. dont close the pop up and your video should play normally. (what i frequently download is the little 24 words bat wallet back up txt.file . you can find the file at brave settings -> brave rewards -> little settings icon right above your funds -> save as file )

@Amaretoz,
Does Youtube freeze when Shields are down as well? What other solutions have you tried to resolve the issue?

yes youtube freezes even when the shield is down. i’ve tried messing in the settings with toggling random things on and off but nothing does the job. is there a solution to this?

I just noticed that youtube only freezes when my brave browsers is open on my second display. Youtube works fine on my main display

@Amaretoz,
Very interesting – can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings and see if this helps resolve the issue?

Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

1 Like

This worked. Thanks!

1 Like

@Amaretoz.
You’re very welcome – enjoy your privacy!