YouTube Displays Blur Box in Full-Screen Mode

Description of the issue:
When entering YouTube and playing any video, upon toggling the full-screen mode, an overlay with a blurred box appears, obstructing the view.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open YouTube.
  2. Play any video.
  3. Toggle the video to full-screen mode.

Actual Result:
Upon entering full-screen mode, an overlay with a blurred box obstructs the view of the video.

Expected result:
The full-screen mode should display the video without any overlay or blurred box.

Reproduces how often:
The issue occurs consistently.

Operating System and Brave Version:

• Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2026)
  • Brave Version: 1.61.101 Chromium: 120.0.6099.71 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:

• YouTube account type: Non-Premium
  • Brave Shields: The issue persists with both Brave Shields activated and deactivated.

@evelaguti,
Thanks for reporting.
Can you please tell me if this behavior occurs when you’re using a Private browsing window and/or a fresh browser profile?

This is super weird behavior — wondering if there may be an extension that you have installed here that is causing it.

Thank you for looking into this. I’ve tested the behavior in a Private browsing window, and the issue persists. Additionally, I’ve attached an image showing the extensions I have installed. Please let me know if any specific extension might be causing this unusual behavior.

@evelaguti going to ask 3 things

1. Can you update Brave and make sure it still happens? Current version of Brave is at least 1.61.104, though saw announcements of 1.61.106 on the way. Either way, I see you mentioned yours currently on 1.61.101

2. Would you create a new browser profile and test? To do that, go Hamburger Menu imageMore ToolsAdd new profile. This creates a secondary profile with default settings and no extensions. Without changing anything, see if it happens there.

3. Go to brave://flags. Have you changed anything there?

The update to brave solve the issue. Thank you :smiley: