YouTube fullscreen sometimes doesn't display properly

Description of the issue: Sometimes when I open a YouTube video and double click to make it go fullscreen, it appears like this:

with most of the title and video cut off. I then have to reload the page until it doesn’t do it anymore. I’ve only experienced this with videos I opened form my Watch Later but that’s where I open most videos from. Still, it could have something to do with the index and timestamp parts added to the URL even though they’re still present the times that the video goes fullscreen fine (for the above example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NEKticF2vY&list=WL&index=3&t=366s ). I’ve never had this issue in Chrome.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? no

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): no

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? yes

Brave version (check About Brave): 1.13.82 (also occurred in previous version)

Hi @Slusho,

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?
You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Also, if that doesn’t help, can you try creating a new test profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

Thanks for the response. I tried both and was able to replicate the issue in both scenarios, so those are not the solutions.

Can you try disabling all of your extensions? If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue.

I disabled all of my extensions, switched back to my youtube tab, opened a video in a new tab, switched to that tab, double clicked the youtube video to go fullscreen, and it did it again. So it seems it’s not due to any extensions.

1 Like

Are you quitting and restarting Brave after disabling extensions? And when you disabled hardware acceleration?
What OS are you on?

I’m on Windows 10 2004. I’m not sure if I quit and restarted. The issue crops up with such inconsistency that it makes this kind of A/B testing difficult.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.