YouTube 'comments' are not loading in tabs in Private windows

Comments for YouTube videos are not loading in Private windows in Brave.

Since I became aware of the problem several days ago, all videos I’ve opened in Private window tabs have exhibited the same behavior. The ‘comments’ area remains blank (white space), except for a spinning progress meter that spins indefinitely.

I compared opening YouTube webpages in Safari, where I did not experience the problem. The comments loaded with the video, even in a Private window.

So as far as I can tell, the problem only occurs in Private windows in Brave. (In normal windows, the comments load without issue.)

@mk7z,
Comments on YT have appeared for me without any issue. Are you logged into Youtube at the time you see this behavior?

@mattches OK (I might not have been), but I’ve never seen anything about YT comments not being visible unless you’re logged in – only that you can’t add your own comments unless you are.

And I don’t recall logging in in Safari (where I did see the comments) but I’ll recheck.

Thanks.

You won’t get to read the comments on Youtube on Brave. Have I tried everything and there is no solution?

@BryanBTC Comments loaded for me once I was logged in to my YouTube/Google account.

Having to log in to a website just to read ‘comments’ is a very strange requirement, but YouTube/Google have been getting stranger by the day.

By November 3rd they clearly hope to have become Big Brother.

1 Like