I’ve been having a sever loading issue with the YouTube website for the better part of a month now.
My current version of Brave is V1.19.92, but this appears to have carried over from previous versions.
The symptoms are
- YouTube home page and other video display pages load five rows of videos without issue, but anymore than that are stuck in an infinite loop of trying to load.
- The YouTube sidebar has become completely non-functional on the whole website, displaying blank and defaulting to a closed setting when before it was defaulted to open on the homepage.
- a complete inability to comment on videos through the brave browser, resulting in a “return error” message from YouTube.
I have absolutely no idea what could have caused this, I have not been able to replicate it on other websites or other browsers. It seems to be a YouTube-Brave compatibility issue.
Attempted fixes thus far:
- Deactivation of Brave Shield (Result: Same condition but with Ads mixed in)
- Clearing of cookies and cashed information in the browser pertaining to YouTube, which I see is a common fix (Result: absolutely no change)
- Complete deletion and reinstallation of the Brave Browser (Result: no change)
In theory, I could simply start using another browser to view YouTube, as they have shown no issues with the website at all, but I really like Brave and I don’t want to use another browser.
I know it would be more helpful if I could explain how to replicate it, but I genuinely have no clue how to replicate it.