Yggtorrent.si broken with Brave for download link

Brave version: Version 1.18.78 Chromium: 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Description of my problem: on the website www2.yggtorrent.si the download of the torrent never start after clicking on the “download” button. If I try with Firefox or Google Chrome, it works.

How to reproduce

3 Likes

Hi, i have kind of same issue.
When i first click on a download link like torrent magnet link, it works … but when i second click on another magnet link it lets me on a blank page.
That happends on yggtorrent.si with brave.protection ON and OFF.
OS ubuntu_mate 20.04
brave Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

+1 !
I have the same damned problem…

Some solution ? I have always this problem and only on Brave. On Chrome, no problem…

Try turning off individual shield setting or turning off shields for that site altogether? When on the site, click the lion head icon in your address bar…

I have already done that… It’s work 1 to 10 … The URL is yggtorrent.li now
Ex :
https://www4.yggtorrent.li/torrent/filmvidéo/série-tv/699843-blue+bloods+s10e15+french+720p+amzn+web-dl+dd5+1+h264-fraternity

Idem than @Alandil. This is the first thing I tried. But it doesn’t change the issue. The url of the website has changed as said.
This website works with all other mainstream browsers.

1 Like

any news ? Please :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

Same issue here. Any update ?

Hi,

No news actually…

Try this:
go to Settings>Extensions>WebTorrent and disable it

Worked for me.

He man,

Thanks ! Works for me too :slight_smile:

Hi @Ufanlee
That’s works ! Thx !

Worked for me too. I talked with a friend who is also a Brave user. He also disabled it since it makes things complicated (unexpected behavior for a web browser) on other torrents websites, like thePirateBay.

So I would suggest that this extension is disabled by default in future Brave releases.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.