Downloads in Ubuntu 22.04 broken [CLOSED]

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Use Ubuntu 22.04
  2. Install the latest brave browser (stable build) from either official ppa or flatpak
  3. Try to download anything in non-default directory. i.e, in the file-manager window that pops up when you try to download anything, change the directory to something else compared to what it starts with.
  4. The download doesn’t start for me, the file-manager window just closes and nothing happens. This problem is not limited to a particular website.

Expected result:

Download should have started.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.38.111 Chromium: 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Are you sure the problem exists in Brave Browser ? I mean, Ubuntu 22.04.0, that is released a few days back, is still under development and bugs/issues still exist.

Try this command in a terminal and see if resolves the problem (be informed it will remove fuse. If you have any software that depends on that it will broke).

sudo apt install xdg-desktop-portal-gnome

You are right, I checked with Firefox right now. The problem seems to be with Ubuntu.
The solution however, doesn’t work as I already have xdg-desktop-portal-gnome in the newest version. Thanks for help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.