Windows and profiles move on their own

@Mattches

Hi,

So I’m surprised I haven’t brought this up before & it’s driving me insane.

I’m beginning to think it may be a Brave issue, but I’m not sure.

I’ll be on one brave profile doing my thing & the next thing I know, the computer is switching me to another brave profile window. I could even be typing.

This has been going on for at least 2-3 months now.

My website coder said the window I was on is still up if I just click on it, the other one will go away,

And it doesn’t matter what profile I’m on, this happens & it’s been happening more frequently. I should try to keep note of which profile it’s switching to though, I just thought of that.

Thanks

@OurFreeSociety,
Definitely keep note of which one it is switching to if it is a specific one or set of profiles each time. Also, are you certain that there is no action you’re taking that prompts the other profile to appear? Ctrl + Shift + m also opens the profile menu – is there any way you could be opening the menu and selecting a profile (while typing) on accident?

LOL, no, I’m not doing anything that causes this & it’s different profiles all the time.

I didn’t even know you had a shortcut to open a new profile.

The profiles are already open.

@OurFreeSociety,
Is there any chance you could possibly capture this behavior? It sounds very bizarre and I’m not sure what could be causing it outside of extensions or opening them “by accident” as I stated above.

Like I said, I’m not sure it’s Brave.

We thought maybe it’s the great suspender extension, but sometimes it takes me to tabs that aren’t suspended so it can’t be that.

And no I can’t capture it b/c it just happens while I’m working. There’s no warning ahead of time.

@OurFreeSociety,
I would wager that it’s the “great suspender” extension as well and that if you disabled it for a day you likely wouldn’t encounter that issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.