Will removing devices from sync chain remove data that is tied to those devices?

I’ve reinstalled windows as few times, as well as gotten a few new phones. As such, I currently use Brave across 3 devices, but my sync chain is connected to 10 devices. 7 of which no longer exist.

My question is this. If I remove those 7 devices that no longer exist, even though share everything is turned on across all before they were rendered useless, will the data from those 7 devices no longer be available? If all of my passwords were stored on my last windows install brave which is currently share to this session, if I delete that device, will all of the password float away into the ether? Bookmarks? Etc?

Current Windows Brave versions are v.1.67.115
Current Android Brave version is v.1.66.120, Chromium 125.0.6422.165, Android 13

@Vatiquada if you remove the devices, nothing will change on the existing. What will change is any changes made in the future. So if you change something on a device still on the sync chain, then the ones you removed won’t get those changes.

The issue you would need to be worried about is if you had any of those devices active and linked to the sync chain, at which point anything done would be reflected to others. Such as if you deleted passwords or bookmarks, then those would be deleted on all devices. Again, only if it’s connected. If you remove it from sync, then it doesn’t send or receive any information to your sync and therefore wouldn’t impact any other device.

1 Like