Why is Brave always wiping out my data for no reason?!

The 1st time, Brave closed all my tabs and deleted my browser history. That was annoying. 2nd time, same thing. 3rd time, well now Brave has deleted my two profiles and wiped my saved passwords. Not to mention, every time Brave feels like wiping my data, it also signs me out. This is a problem since I don’t remember all my passwords. How the #### do I reclaim my passwords & deleted profiles?! And how the #### do i stop Brave from doing this ####?! Especially when my settings are set to “Continue where you left off” and clearing browsing history is done manually by me. Whenever I clear my browsing history, I never clear my saved passwords ever. Also, when my two profiles got deleted, I lost my bookmarks as well.

@CHRFMutiny

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

Study each of the three Tabs. As an example of what to set, in order to NOT DELETE HISTORY . . .

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab On exit - set:

• Disable: Browsing History

Click on the ‘Save’ button.

Return to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab Advanced - set:

• Time range:All time
  • Disable: Browsing history

Click on the ‘Clear data’ button.

(The ‘Clear data’ button also saves the selections.)

Return to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab Basic - set:

• Time range:All time
  • Disable: Browsing history

Click on the ‘Clear data’ button.

PS. There will be occasions when you need to clear ‘Browsing History’ for ‘All time’:

Consider extensions that you may have added. One extension, or some combination of extensions, might be a problem. Sometimes a troublesome extension needs to not only be Disabled but also Removed.

Consider flags that may have enabled. And, though you may have NOT enabled any flags, you might, in a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://flags and click on the Reset all button.

my settings are set to preserve everything, and I’ve never enabled automatic deletion ever. i’ll look into the flags thro.

@CHRFMutiny

You might need to clear History (all time), once - before adjusting settings to preserve History.

Also flip back and forth, the ‘Continue where you left off’ switch (brave://settings/getStarted). I would leave that feature, OFF. Instead, use ‘about:blank’.

about_blank

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.