Annoying problem

Every single time I restart my computer, everything get’s lost, my bookmarks, my tabs, my history, my passwords. Is this happening to anyone else? Might switch back to chrome just because of this . :frowning:

Hi @bobjiggler. Welcome to Community!
Can you go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData and check if you have anything under the on exit tab enabled?

Yeah no I don’t have anything under that tab

What version OS/device are you using?
What version of Brave are you on?

Do you know if you’re using multiple profiles? Do you have a circular icon in the top right? If so click on that icon and you can navigate between profiles.

I’m using windows 8.1 on “person 1” which isn’t a guest. I’m using 1.17.75

How many profiles are listed?
Do you see profiles that you did not create?

I see 3 accounts. I created them all.

So when you restart, is the data being cleared in each profile, or only one profile? Or are all the profiles deleted?

I think all profiles.

So the data is being clearing in all 3 profiles? But the profiles remain there? Can you confirm this?

Yes, confirmed. That’s happening

Can you please reply?

@bobjiggler,
Do you have any file cleaning software like cCleaner or something similar running on your Computer?

No I don’t have any of those.

@bobjiggler,
Can you try testing something for me? Simply download and install the Brave Beta build and see if it behaves the same way after a bit of browsing and restarting your PC. Note that installing/running the Beta will not have any effect on your current installation, nor will it overwrite any data.

yeah it’s same with the beta

pls help me or reply