Websites not fully loading

Description of the issue:
Certain sites load, but do not load completely.

Specifically, two sites load but not completely:

Facebook: Site starts to load, but only the basic template. Will not load any content or user specific information. Not usable with Shields up or down. However, when loading in an incognito browser it DOES work. It also works on Brave browser on another computer of mine, so it must be setting related.

Spotify: Site loads, and is completely functional. However, the titles are back-end titles, not the ones intended for display. This was an issue and resolved itself, but has become an issue again. This occurs with Shields up or down and is resolved when using an incognito window. As in the above case, using Brave Browser on a different computer resolves issue, so it appears to be setting related as well

How can this issue be reproduced?

  1. Load either or
  2. view page with Shields up or down
  3. Open incognito browser, load same sites

Expected result:
Expect to have fully working sites with intended text

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.44.108 Chromium: 106.0.5249.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
As mentioned in description, both issues seem to be related to a setting I may have changed that affects these sites as both sites work on the same version of Brave browser on different computers. I realize I could deinstall/reinstall Brave, but I’d like to narrow down what setting(s) may have caused this to avoid it in the future.

1 Like

Hello there @DanC If the sites load on incognito mode, it could be due to an extension interfering with those pages.

Do you have any extension such as Express VPN or HTTPS everywhere installed on the browser?

If that’s the case, please try disabling your extensions when log in, to see if this solves the issue.


Thank you @Kevin_cc - super helpful.

It indeed was an extension. In my case, it was the PC Matic extension. Disabling fixed both sites. I then played with some settings and it appears this setting was the culprit:

I have changed it to “On Click” and it still appears to be working.

1 Like

Hi again, thanks for providing the name of the extension that was causing this issue.

If you have any other issues or concerns, you can reply on this post or create a new one if you wish.

Regards :lion:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.